Dental Inlays and Onlays at Tempe Smiles Family Dental
What Are Dental Inlays and Onlays?
- Porcelain inlays and onlays - match the tooth’s color, stain resistant
- Composite inlays and onlays - match the tooth’s color, made of glass-like powder/resins
- Metal inlays and onlays - usually gold, used most often on back teeth due to durability
Your dentist will discuss all of the options with you when presenting the possibility of inlays and onlays.
Benefits of Dental Inlays and Onlays
Inlays and onlays provide the middle-of-the-road option for restoring your teeth after decay or damage. When fillings are not enough and crowns are too much, a dental inlay or onlay may be the best option for you. Some of the benefits include:
- Durable, more resistant to fractures
- Improves the appearance of your teeth
- Custom-fit to your tooth structure and color
- Can last up to 30 years
- Preserve the structure of your tooth
- Protects the tooth from air and bacteria and preserves oral health
When it comes to restoring your teeth in a way that protects and stabilizes the original structure, inlays and onlays strengthen your teeth and restore the appearance of your smile. If you have cracks due to grinding or clenching or decay in your teeth, ask your dentist if dental inlays or onlays are right for you.
What to Expect From Us
The dentists at Tempe Smiles Family Dental are highly experienced in creating inlays and onlays for our patients. The process for inlays and onlays starts with applying a local anesthetic into the gums near your tooth. A drill is used to remove the decay. Your dentist will then take a mold of the tooth from which the inlay or onlay is created. The inlay or onlay is adhered to your tooth using special cement, and any excess cement is smoothed off to avoid any issues with your bite. Our dentists are skilled and professional and will walk you through every step of the process to ensure that you are satisfied with the look and feel of your teeth.
Contact Us to Learn More
If you are in need of dental treatment and think that dental inlays or onlays may be right for you, contact our friendly office staff today. Our professional, knowledgeable team is standing by to schedule your appointment and help get your smile back in working order.